Transparent Language Online
Transparent Language Online provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Combining robust courses, supplemental vocabulary, extensive grammar resources, and mobile apps, Transparent Language Online is the most complete language-learning system. With over 100 languages to choose from, including English for speakers of over 26 languages, there is something for every learner. Best of all, with enhanced support for Android ™ tablets and iPads, learners can enjoy the freedom to learn at home, in the library, or on the go.
Creating a Library Collection Account:
- Click on the link for Transparent Languages above.
- Click on “Register” in the upper right-hand corner
- Follow the instructions to create your account. You will need your library card number.
The RBdigital App
If you are using a tablet or smartphone you will need to download the RBdigital App to access Transparent Languages.
- First, create an account using the directions for Getting Started above.
- From the RBDigital webpage, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Where it says GET RBdigital mobile apps, click the link for your device (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire) [Note: Kindle Fire users may need to change a setting on your Kindle before you can download the App. Go to Settings (From the home screen of your device, put your finger on the top of the screen and swipe down to see the Settings option) > Go to More > Go to Device > Allows Installation of Applications (from unknown sources) > Select On. Then click the link to download the Zinio App from the Zinio Collection webpage].
- OR Download the RBdigital App from your App Store.
- Once it is downloaded, open the RBdgital App.
- Login with your email address or library card number and tap Next.
- Type in your password and tap Next.
- Tap on the main menu
- (the three lines in the upper left-hand corner).
- Tap on Education.
- Tap on Transparent Languages.
- Tap on Checkout, click on the popup that says Access.
- Accept the policies.
- Choose a language and get started!