Library Closed Until Further Notice – Updated 4/17/2020
On April 16, Governor Evers extended the Safer at Home Order with some changes. “Public libraries my now provide curb-side pick-up of books and other library materials.” As of April 24, we will be able to provide pick-up services while adhering to safety practices for both you and our staff. At this time we are exploring how that will work. Your patience is appreciated. In the meantime please place holds on materials in the Monarch Catalog (www.monarchcatalog.org) that are available in the Elkhart Lake Public Library. Or send an email to us at email@example.com.
For the time being we will not be able to accept the return of library material, nor will the book drop be open.
April 9, 2020 UPDATE: We have changed all our due dates to June 1, 2020. Please keep library materials until we reopen. As of March 1 we no longer charge for daily overdue fines.
Our WiFi is accessible from the park-side entrance of the library. You maybe able to use it curbside on Lake Street.
Our book drops are closed at this time, but due dates are extended until we re-open. We continue to monitor our email and voicemail. Please contact us if you need assistance, especially with accessing our online resources. We will no longer deliver library materials, curbside to to homes, due to the State of Wisconsin’s Safer at Home order.
Your Elkhart Lake Public Library card gives you access to many FREE resources from the comfort and safety of your own home:
- Read an e-Book, listen to an e-Audiobook using Libby or Hoopla or read a magazine using RBDigital
- Listen to music on your device using Hoopla
- Kids e-books and e-audiobooks are available on Hoopla and Libby. Hoopla has comics, too!
- Learn a new language using Transparent Languages on RBDigital
- Take a class and learn a new skill using Gale Courses and Great Courses on Kanopy and Hoopla
- Study for the SAT, ACT, or GED using Learning Express Library from BadgerLink
- Research your family history using HeritageQuest, History Reference Center, and Wisconsin Newspaper Association Archive on Badgerlink
- Repair your car using manuals at Auto Repair Source on Badgerlink
- And so much more!
Your library card isn’t working? E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 920-876-2554 and leave a message and we’ll get back to you. Don’ have a card? Register for temporary card at Monarchcatalog.org. Go to My Account and click on Login/Register.