Reopening June 1 at 10am – Update 5/28/2020
The Elkhart Lake Public Library will be open to the public for essential services, beginning Monday June 1, 2020 at 10am. Essential services are limited to the following: browsing, checkout and return of library materials, Internet and wireless access, and printing, photocopying, and faxing. Our temporary hours will be Monday-Thursday 10am – 6pm, Friday 10am -5 pm and Saturday 10am – 2pm. We will continue to offer Curbside Pickups by request at our park-side entrance. To visit please enter through our main entrance at 40 Pine Street. During Phase One of Sheboygan County Safe Restart plan our capacity is limited to 15 people.
We are asking patrons to observe some simple rules and procedures as we reopen. The wearing of masks is recommended and encouraged. All persons, including staff members shall maintain a minimum of 6-foot physical distance from each other. All persons are asked to sanitize hands before entering the library, using the sanitizer provided at the door. If you are not feeling well or have cold or flu-like symptoms, we ask that you do not enter the library. As a public space, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment. Please consider the risks of a public space when using the Library. If you have any questions, call us at 920-876-2554.
Sunday, May 24, We have moved the pickup cart into the entryway of the park-side entrance to the library. Please return materials to the book return located at our 40 Pine Street entrance.
Sunday, May 17, the book return is open and we are now offering Picture Book Bundles.
Monday, May 11, we will return to our normal method of notification that your library items are ready to be picked up. We will begin to notify you by email, text or phone. If you receive a text or email, please call us to set up an appointment. We have reopened the book drop on Pine Street. Be careful not to overfill the drop. Give us a call and we will assist you in returning materials.
We are able to help you with selection of materials. We offer reader’s advisory if you aren’t sure what book you’d like to read next. Or may be you just need a selection of picture books for your child that loves dinosaurs. We love to help! Just give us a call and we will do the rest.
How do I request materials for pick-up?
- You may request materials using Monarch Catalog or the Monarch2Go app. Since we are not receiving materials from other libraries at this time, only items located in our building are available for pickup at Elkhart Lake Public Library, To determine whether an item is at Elkhart Lake Public Library, select FIND IT on Monarch Catalog or LOCATIONS on Monarch2Go and look for an Elkhart Lake copy. If an item status is IN, IN-PROCESS or ON-ORDER, you may place a hold and we will call you when the item is ready for pick-up.
- Please be careful and avoid placing holds on digital materials (Ebook, Audio Ebook,)
- You may call (920-876-2554) and leave a request with staff, a voice mail message or email us at email@example.com. We will place the hold for you. We will contact you when the item is ready.
- We may need to limit the number of requesting s received over the phone.
How can I find materials that are currently available at the Elkhart Lake Public Library?
Check out this tutorial from Plymouth Public Library. Still have questions, give us a call.
How are appointments made?
- You will receive notification by text, email or phone once your items are ready. Please call us and set up an appointment
- Please check your account on Monarch Catalog to verify your phone number.
- We are unable at this time to meet someone at the door and hand deliver materials directly to you.
Where do I pick up my items?
- Your items will be inside the entry way on the park-side entrance to the library. Your items will be identified by the first three letters of you last name.
- People with difficulty walking down the park path please let us know and we will make other arrangements.
What if the item is not in the Elkhart Lake Public Library but in a different library in the system?
- You may place a hold and change your pickup location to the other library. You will need to go to that library to pick up your materials. Please check their website for their procedures.
- You may wait until delivery begins again to receive the materials.
Can I return the library materials I already have when I come to pick up?
- Yes, you may. We prefer you return your material in the book return at the 40 Pine Street entrance.