Crafts for all kids, even Middle Schoolers! One activity per child per visit. Choose a craft and take it to do at home!
If you are hesitant to visit the library due to age, disability or health please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you. When we open at 9am we have just finished cleaning the library. We disinfect surfaces, all keyboards are cleaned, returned materials are quarantined for 96 hours before being returned to the shelf. The staff wears masks, maintains social distancing and clean their hands often. We have developed no-contact check out and pick up of library materials. We are willing to delivery materials, if this best fits your needs. Questions, just call and we will be glad to help you.
Our Summer Reading Challenge is going digital! Introducing Beanstack!
Download the Beanstack Tracker app or go to elkhartlakepubliclibrary.beanstack.org
We will have reading and activity challenges for all ages. You earn tickets towards prizes and children also earn incentives for reading, all online!
Friday, June 11 at 1 pm. Florence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland. Request a copy from the Monarch Catalog. To assist us in planning please let us know you are attending. . Please contact us at 920-876-2554 if you wish to join us. We are meeting on the patio this month.
Beginning June 1 only the 40 Pine Street entrance will be open to the public. Our park-side entrance will be used for our no-contact curbside service and delivery.
We are now offering Picture Book Bundles! Bundles are selected group of picture books on a single theme. For instance, dinosaurs, animals, trucks, princesses, gardening, etc. Give us a call and tell us what you need and we will have them ready for pick up. Bundles available for board book for toddlers or easy readers for our beginner reader.
The Village of Elkhart Lake requires masks be worn inside Village owned buildings. Exceptions are made in the Library for children age 5 and younger and people fully vaccinated (2 weeks from last shot). Free masks are available in the Library. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Elkhart Lake Public Library is open to the public for essential services. Both our parkside and 40 Pine Street entrances are open.
The Library is open for essential services (browsing, photocopying, internet, pickup and return of materials, reference services). Our limited space prevents us from allowing gatherings (planned or casual).
- As of April 14, 2021, we will no longer quarantine materials returned in our book returns or through Monarch Library System delivery.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6-foot physical distance from other patrons and staff. Except, children must stay with their caregiver at all times.
- All persons are asked to sanitize hands before entering the library, using the sanitizer provided at the door.
- We offer no contact pick up service at our 40 Pine Street entrance. Please contact us at 920-876-2554 to set up a pick up.
- Our outdoor book drop on Pine Street is open 24/7 for returns.
- Essential services are limited to the following: browsing, checkout and return of library materials, internet and wi-fi access, printing, photocopying and faxing.
- We are able to help you with selection of materials over the phone. We offer reader’s advisory if you aren’t sure what book you’d like to read next. Or may be you just need a selection of picture books for your child that loves dinosaurs. We love to help! Just give us a call and we will do the rest.
- Our wi-fi access has been extended across the park and is available 24/7. Look for EL-LIBRARY-PUBLIC.
- Delivery of library material is available to residents living in the Elkhart Lake/Glenbeulah school district boundaries and are unable to get to the Library in person because of short/long term illness, non-driver status, physical challenge or visual disabilities. Contact the library director for further information.
As a public space, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment. Please consider the risks of a public space when using the Library. If you have any questions, call us at 920-876-2554.
Temporary remote access instructions:
To access Ancestry Library Edition please log into Badgerlink first, here. Choose the Elkhart Lake Public Library and enter your barcode without spaces. Close out that page and return here to link to Ancestry Library Edition
Sponsored by the Friends of the Elkhart Lake Public Library.
ProQuest has partnered with Ancestry.com to create Ancestry® Library Edition, one of the most important genealogical collections available today. It has unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada, Europe, Australia and other areas of the world! This collection, with thousands of databases and billions of indexed names, is essential to having a broad genealogy collection, and its valuable content is a strong complement to HeritageQuest® Online.
The library staff will be available by appointment to help you with library related tech questions. Need assistance with using the Library’s on-line resources? Your library card isn’t working? Want to know how to download an ebook? What to use ZOOM to attend one of our virtual programs? Give us a call at 876-2554 for an appointment.
Coffee Hour is meeting on the Library patio on Wednesays at 10am.